Monday, September 3, 2012

Watering your potted plants when you are away

ALOHA!

Hope you are doing great today! :)

Last two weeks I was away for 4 days for a short trip.
Dua minggu lalu saya berlibur selama 4 hari.

So, while being excited about the trip, I was concerned about how to water my potted plants especially because everyone was out for vacations as well.
Seru sih berlibur, tapi tetap memikirkan bagaimana ya caranya untuk menyiram tanaman di pot saat ditinggal 4 hari apalagi di rumah semua orang sedang berlibur juga.

Thank to Google, I found some quick tips. The main idea is to avoid potted plants from drying by soaking the pots. It's quick and simple!!
Berkat Google, saya menemukan beberapa tips cerdas. Intinya adalah memberi irigasi pada tanaman dalam pot dengan cara merendam pot itu sendiri. Cepat dan sederhana kok!


 
Step 1: Place enough pebbles inside a bucket. Then, pour enough water.
 I would be away for 4 days, so I soaked 20% - 25% of the pots
Langkah 1: Taruh batuan di dalam ember. Lalu tuang air secukupnya.
Karena saya berlibur selama 4 hari, saya merendam sekitar 20%-25% dari ember.

Step 2: place the pot on top of the pebbles
Langkah 2: Letakkan pot di atas batuan tadi.

Finally, place them all in a room :)

Terakhir, tinggal masukkan ember tadi ke dalam ruang :)

The result was lovely! When I was back from the trip, I found them all in the best conditions. I think I might try this soaking-in-the-bucket method soon especially because it has been so hot and bright lately.
Hasilnya mempesonakan sekali! Saat pulang dari berlibur, saya mendapati tanaman saya dalam keadaan terbaik yang pernah saya alami. Saya mungkin akan melakukan teknik ini lagi terutama karena belakangan ini cuaca sangat terik dan panas.

Hope this will be a useful tips for you to water your potted plants when you are away :)
Semoga berguna bila teman-teman membutuhkan ide menyiram tanaman saat kita berlibur :)

Cheers,
Irene


No comments: