Friday, October 5, 2012

Handmade Necklace

Hello!

Thanks God it is Friday!

I reached home early today from the office because I went out to see an exhibition. The traffic was so clogged that it made me fall asleep in the taxi.
Saya tiba di rumah lebih cepat dari kantor hari ini karena tugas di luar untuk melihat exhibition. Lalu lintas padat sampai-sampai saya tertidur di taksi. 

But, still it has been a pleasant day because I got to see my old friend, Karen in the expo. And, I managed to make my own necklaces! hooray!
Tapi, tetap menikmati hari ini karena saat di expo tadi saya sempat jumpa kangen dengan teman lama, Karen. Plus, akhirnya jadi juga buat kalung karya sendiri. Hore! 

I used the pendants from my previous project about clay sea shells. 
Saya menggunakan biji kalung hasil karya sebelumnya, clay sea shells.

I am inspired to make my own necklace because my favorite necklace is getting old and weak now since I wear it almost everyday.
Saya terinspirasi membuat kalung karena kalung kesukaan saya sudah menua dan lusuh karena dipakai hampir setiap hari.


I bought it in Bandung, West Java. 
I really like this necklace because it is so simple, light and rich in identity.
Kalung ini dibeli di Bandung, Jawa Barat.
Suka sekali kalung ini karena sangat sederhana, ringan dan khas.


So, going back the handmade necklaces.
Ok, kembali lagi membahas tentang kalung buatan tangan.

I like the combination of sky blue and bright red. 
I think this one will suit best with white shirts. 
Kombinasi biru langit dan merah terang yang menawan.
Sepertinya akan sangat serasi dikenakan bersama kaos putih.

I pylox-ed the sea shell to create more contrast with the round mat.
Saya pylox kerang satu ini agar warnanya lebih kontras dengan alas bulatnya.

  I like simple and light necklace because it adds accent to our appearance without giving any burden to our neck.
Saya suka kalung yang simpel dan ringan karena tetap memberi aksen pada penampilan kita tanpa memberi beban di leher.


I think my necklaces are simple and casual and far from pretty.
But, I just can't wait to wear them :) 

Have a great weekend.
Irene

No comments: